• 650 Champlain suite 201

    Dieppe Nouveau-Brunswick

  • (506) 380-9546

What Is a Partnership Visa Nz

You currently live together (for work and residency visas) If you have a partner who is a resident or Citizen of New Zealand, you may be eligible for a work or residency visa. The next steps for you would then be to apply for a work or residency visa so that you can stay here with your partner for the long term. Be very careful when applying with a visitor visa and you arrive here that your intention is not to commit fraud and that you do not enter under false pretenses. If it turns out that you entered New Zealand with the intention of staying after your visa period expires, your visa application to stay long term may be rejected and you may be deported. For example, if you have a skilled migrant work visa that has a path to residency (and therefore citizenship), it might be easier to just stay on the path you started and stay in the country that way. If you already have a place of residence, you do not need a partnership visa. Everything except residency and you should consider which visa path is best and easiest for your personal situation and the requirements you fulfill. Explaining your relationship is, of course, important, regardless of the type of visa you are applying for. If you are unsure during the process, please call us 0800800612 we can help you calm down. We know exactly what is required of you and to what extent it is accepted. We use all the evidence you provide about your separation to assess its impact on your partnership. If your partner is a New Zealand resident/citizen but you have been together for less than 12 months, you can get a temporary work visa, which is usually valid for 12 months.

If you have been living together for 12 months or more, you can apply for a 24-month work visa and/or a residency visa depending on your relationship. If your application depends on your partner`s temporary visa, your visa will only be valid for the same period as yours. You should also consider all visa options to enter New Zealand, as some are entitled to more services than others. Submit the application. You can do this online or by mail. If you work with an immigration consultant through Malcolm Pacific Immigration, they will take care of all of this for you. It is stored online and cannot be lost in the mail or during the review process. You may still need to submit your physical passport once your visa has been approved so that they can add the visa. Even if you are eligible for a partnership visa, it is one of the longest visas to apply for. If you are eligible for more than one type of visa, you can determine which one is the fastest and easiest to obtain to continue living in New Zealand. F2.10.1 Definition of « real and stable » partnership There is only one visa in this category. It can be requested after living with your Kiwi partner for 12 months.

The residence allows you to live in New Zealand for the long term. School-age dependent children need a student visa to attend primary, intermediate or secondary schools. Children under school age can apply for a visitor visa. A student visa is not required and will not be issued to attend kindergarten in New Zealand. If your partner`s situation or visa changes and you want to stay here with them, you can apply for another visa. For example, if your partner receives residency or completes their studies and receives a long-term work visa, you`ll want to stay with them for the long term. You must have obtained this additional visa during your stay in New Zealand. It may be that on your first visit to New Zealand, you did not yet live together and the relationship develops, like a marriage proposal.

You can apply for a partnership visa online. Your partner will also need to complete a form to support your application. The processing time also varies, but should be less than 4 months for a visitor visa, less than 7 months for a work visa and less than 12 months for a residence visa. While you are waiting for a decision, you must have a valid visa. If your visa is likely to expire while you wait for a decision, you will need to contact the Immigration Department or tell us about an extension of your current visa so that you can stay here legally. If you are applying for a visa based on your partnership with a New Zealand visa holder or New Zealand citizen, we will call that person your supporting partner. For more information on how to prove that your relationship is real, visit our « What is a real relationship » page. If you come at this time, your partner should have reached a residence to pass it on to you.

If not, you will both have to rely on work visas until your partner has been in New Zealand long enough and meets the requirements to qualify for a resident visa. Too often, visas are refused or take longer because simple errors or documents are not included. Working with one of our consultants avoids unnecessary delays or visa rejection for technical reasons that could easily have been avoided. We strongly recommend that you seek the help of an immigration advisor before you begin your application. This way, time and effort won`t be wasted if you make a mistake. You`re on the right track from the start. We can also help you stay organized so you don`t lose any important documents, and they are presented in such a way that anyone reviewing your application can easily see and understand them. We have a very high success rate with our clients and can reassure you to ensure that you have the best chance of getting the visa you want. You have a residency visa or current New Zealand citizenship The partners of some students studying in New Zealand can join them to work here – it depends on what your partner is studying or whether they receive a scholarship from the New Zealand Aid Programme. You don`t need to apply for a partnership visa if you have another visa that allows you to stay longer or have a path to citizenship, but it may be the best way for you to stay here with your partner indefinitely. .